Sunday, January 6, 2013

Agentopia: Marisa Cleveland

Click here for more info about Agentopia, including past posts.

Bio

Marisa Cleveland is an associate agent with The Seymour Agency.

She interned with The Seymour Agency for a year before transitioning into associate agent. Her goals have always included writing her romance novels and representing career-driven authors.

She is a member of the Society of Children's Books Writers and Illustrators and Romance Writers of America - Published Authors Network.

Websites: www.marisacleveland.com & www.theseymouragency.com

Twitter: @marisacleveland

Wishlist

I'm looking for a middle school novel I can’t put down until the last page and can’t stop discussing. Voice is key for me. If I’m going to sign (and sell) someone, I have to be able to listen (vocally and on the page) to that writer through revisions and edits and book after book. I want to find characters I’d want as my best friends long after the story ends, whether it’s in this world or an alternate universe… and middle grade means the content where issues are age-appropriate and not based solely on lexile levels.

Since I'm a new agent, I'm building my client list slowly and only considering other genres if requested from other venues (conferences, pitchfests, contests, etc.), though once my current authors are submission-ready and sold, I plan to expand my wishlist.

How to Query

Please email your query and the first five pages of your manuscript in the body of the email to marisa@theseymouragency.com. No attachments please.

1 comment:

  1. Great article….!!!Nice to know about new things with helping concept. I am almost brand new to blogging and really like your post, it is really on target! Thanks for all of your time & work. Hope you always write this blog.
    Burun Estetiği

    ReplyDelete